Bankers Trust Remote Deposit Capture is a service that makes depositing checks easier and faster and helps you save money. With Remote Deposit, you are able to scan received checks and transmit the images electronically for clearing — without ever having to leave your workplace. All you need are a computer, an internet connection, and an approved check scanner. Some benefits include:
- Deposit checks anytime, 24/7
- Reduce costs related to courier fees or trips to the bank
- Get the highest level of protection with multiple layers of security
- Reduce time, paper, and storage costs with electronic storage
How It Works
- Authorized users access the Remote Deposit Capture system via a secured Internet connection, select the account that will receive the deposit, and simply scan the checks for deposit.
- The check images may be viewed on the screen for image quality and verification.
- A virtual endorsement is placed on each check that provides a consistent and clear endorsement
- Scanned images are then submitted electronically to Bankers Trust for processing through the clearing networks.
- You maintain the original checks and can destroy them following a defined retention period.
This section lists the system requirements to support your remote deposit scanner. System requirements include hardware and supported operating system and scanner compatibilities.
Minimum Computer Settings Item
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 are required. The following browser features must be enabled; pop-up windows, session cookies and JavaSc
VGA (Recommended at least 17" monitor)
1034 x 768
Check Scanning Computers Settings Item
Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or later, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
512 Megabytes minimum (1 gig recommended) - Virtual Memory should be at least twice the RAM of the computer.
Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz processor
Available Hard Drive Space
USB 2.0 or SCSI adapter, depending on specific scanner requirements
Business Resource Center
Online resources to help with your business’s financial needs, including:
- Check and Deposit
- Fraud Prevention Information
- Federal Reserve Information
- FDIC Guidance and Coverage
- NACHA – Electronic Payment Information
Remote Deposit | Bankers Trust