If you are not utilizing a Realtor for this real estate transaction, there are some items that you as the Seller will need to coordinate and are responsible for to ensure a timely closing on this sale.
- Deliver abstract to Bankers Trust Company, 620 S. 60th Street, West Des Moines, IA (ASAP)
- Provide access to the property for the appraiser.
- Provide access to the property for the termite inspector – if required in the purchase agreement.
- Complete and return the loan information sheet – Mortgage Verification (ASAP)
- Warranty Deed
- Declaration of Value
- Groundwater Hazard Statement
- Any Affidavits or other items needed to provide clear title to the property
These documents (listed in bold above) must be prepared in accordance to specific County Recorder requirements. Documents not prepared according to their guidelines will not be able to be filed of record. YOU ARE ADVISED TO HAVE AN ATTORNEY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN REAL ESTATE LAW PREPARE SAID DOCUMENTS.
If you need the name(s) of attorneys who may assist you with these requirements, you may contact us for assistance.
Contact a Loan Originator
All documents needed to convey title must be received and reviewed by the bank prior to closing. We will need all documents conveying title received at our offices at least 48 hours prior to the anticipated closing date. The documents may be delivered directly to Bankers Trust at 620 S. 60th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50266.
Delays in providing recordable documents will result in the home loan not closing on the date stated in your purchase agreement.