Call us today at 1-800-362-1688
This Bankers Trust flexible CD lets you pick the term
9 months to 21 months at 1.50% Interest Rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
CDs are an investment option where money is put into an account that is not used for a period of time. This allows you to earn interest at a pre-determined rate, which tends to be higher than most checking accounts. Bankers Trust CDs include:
- Interest compounded annually
- Automatic renewal option
- FDIC insured
Open Online Now |
Find a Branch
Limited terms available with opening online. Full terms available when opening at a branch.
Benefits of Opening a CD
With a Bankers Trust CD, you can receive the flexible terms you’re seeking, such as:
- Earn a competitive interest rate, with interest compounded annually. Interest can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually by deposit to any account.
- A CD is automatically renewable or you have the option to change the investment term upon maturity by calling the Bank.
- A minimum balance of $1,000 is required to open your account – a lower minimum of $500 is available for savers under 18!
- With the Bankers Trust Wellness Option and a Bankers Trust checking account, early withdrawal penalties will be waived for a medical emergency.*
Why Open a CD?
Whether you are saving toward a certain goal – such as travel fund, home repairs or college tuition – or you simply want to earn a better rate on the money you already have put away, consider a certificate of deposit. CDs can be a great saving option, no matter your age or place in life. With interest rates higher than a typical saving account, CDs provide a low-risk option to help your money grow over time. These accounts are low-risk compared because they are insured up to $250,000 by the Federal Insurance Deposits Commission (FDIC).
No matter which Bankers Trust branch you stop by to open your CD, our friendly staff can explain more about the benefits of opening a CD and help you determine the right account for your unique situation. Contact us today or stop by a branch to learn more.
Minimum balance to obtain APY is $1,000.00. Minimum balance for minors to obtain APY is $500.00. Minimum balance for IRAs to obtain APY is $200.00. Minimum balance for Auto-Save IRAs to obtain APY is $50.00. Penalty for early withdrawal. Fees may reduce earnings. The interest rate and APY are effective as of March 22, 2017, and are subject to change without notice. Stated APY based on 12-month term. APY may vary if another term is selected. Available only for customers holding accounts for personal, family or household purposes. Not valid with any other promotional offers. Interest rates will not automatically apply to Certificates of Deposit that are automatically renewing during this promotion.
* HSA CD Requirements: 1) You must maintain a Health Advantage Checking account at Bankers Trust in conjunction with the HSA CD. 2) The HSA CD must be funded from the Health Advantage Checking account. 3) If you request HSA CD interest be paid to you (as an alternative to adding the interest back to the HSA CD), it must be transferred to your Health Advantage Checking account. 4) If you redeem (cash out) the HSA CD, the money must be transferred back to your Health Advantage Checking account. 5) The Bankers Trust Wellness Option – which permits penalty-free early withdrawals from CDs if the funds are used for medical expenses – does not apply to the HSA CD. Early withdrawals of principal made for any reason, including medical expenses, are subject to penalty.