Since 1917, Bankers Trust has been helping customers safely manage and grow their businesses – including internationally. With unmatched expertise and experience, our Global Banking team will help your business flourish beyond our nation’s borders. In fact, we can help you do business virtually anywhere in the world. Call on us when you’re ready to take your first step to expand into the international arena or enhance your existing global reach.
The Bankers Trust Global Banking team offers a variety of services, including:
Global Consulting Services
The Global Banking Team at Bankers Trust strives to develop meaningful, long-term business relationships with all of our clients. We want to get to know you and your business so we can deliver advice and services tailored to your specific needs. In our role as an experienced and trusted consultant, we can help you grow your international footprint with private, focused, customized guidance. We can help you develop strategies designed to promote your growth in specific countries and regions. We can perform market-specific risk assessments and suggest appropriate international payment methods and financial instruments to mitigate and manage risk to your business. It’s a challenging — and rewarding — world out there, and we know how to navigate through it.
Global Trade Products
We offer a variety of international trade products for both imports and exports, including:
- Import Trade Services – Our import specialists can help expedite your import shipments and help to minimize the uncertainty when buying products and services from overseas.
- Export Trade Services – Selling goods and services in foreign markets can be both profitable for your company and good for our local economy. Our goal is to help you minimize risk while maximizing profitability.
- Import Letters of Credit – Bankers Trust Import Letter of Credit Services help your company by facilitating payment to your foreign suppliers while also providing assurance to you that the terms of the letter of credit have been fulfilled.
- Export Letters of Credit – Export Letters of Credit facilitate payment to your company for your goods and services and assure the buyer that the terms of the letter of credit have been fulfilled, helping your company minimize international receivable payment risk.
Global Payments Services
No matter the global payment services you need, the Bankers Trust Global Banking team has your business covered. From wire transfers to international cash letters, our range of products can help your global banking processes run smoothly. These services include:
- Wire transfer and draft services
- Documentary collections
- Standby letters of credit
- International cash letter
- Global remittance/funds transfers
Foreign Currency Exchange
Bankers Trust’s foreign currency exchange service takes the hassle out of currency exchange, so you can easily obtain or exchange currencies before or after your international travels. We can exchange U.S. currency into other convertible currencies, or the reverse when needed. If you have an account with us, you can visit any of our branches to take advantage of this service.
For businesses just starting or beginning to expand, Bankers Trust is an SBA Preferred Lender and can help you determine if you’re eligible to receive SBA government guaranteed loans. We can also assist you in working on securing financing through the Export-Import Bank of the United States.
Foreign Currency Risk Management
Exposure to Foreign Exchange (FX) risk can adversely impact your business in a variety of ways, including hidden risks that can negatively affect your bottom line. At Bankers Trust, our Global Banking experts work in a collaborative effort with your company to manage risk and establish a proactive plan using Forward Contracts which can help you in:
- Determining potential adverse FX sources
- Prioritizing exposures based on adverse impact potential
- Recommending hedge instruments and techniques
- Evaluating current hedging program and its effectiveness
When it comes to doing business internationally, we know you have a lot of questions. See some of the most commonly asked questions and find our answers in our handy FAQ.
Let’s get started