Keep Your Identity Safe
If you feel that you have become a victim of Identity Theft, click here to download our Identity Theft Notification Form
. It can help you organize your banks and creditors prior to contacting them. It also has helpful telephone numbers to credit bureaus so that you can notify them as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to prevent Identity Theft
- Before revealing personal, identifying information, find out how it will be used and if it will be shared.
- Ask if you have a choice about the use of your information.
- Pay attention to your billing cycles.
- Follow up with creditors if bills do not arrive on time.
- Give your Social Security number only when absolutely necessary. Ask to use other types of identifiers when possible.
- Visit the Know Fraud web site for additional information on identity theft.
- Visit fdic.gov to read "Don't Be an On-line Victim: How to Guard Against Internet Thieves and Electronic Scams".
If you believe that your security has been compromised, call us at