Learn to Save at an Early Age with the Junior Savers Account
Teach your children the value of good saving and spending habits that will last a lifetime. Let Bankers Trust make saving money fun and rewarding for your child with a Junior Savers Account.
The Junior Savers Account is for youth up to age 18. The money invested in the savings account will be safe as it earns interest.
Open a Junior Savers account today and begin receiving these benefits:
- No minimum balance
- Detailed account statement showing recent transactions and interest earned
- Lower minimum balance ($500) to open a Certificate of Deposit for a higher rate of interest
- Interest compounded monthly and paid monthly
- Bonus deposit stamp available the 3rd Saturday of each month
- Account information available online or through our Easy Access telephone banking system
- Coin counter located at every branch office
- FDIC Insured
- Free eStatements
Each time a deposit of $5.00 or more is made into a Junior Savers Account, a child will receive one stamp on a prize card. Once 10 stamps have been collected, the prize card can be redeemed for a great prize. With a total of six different prize levels, the more deposits, the more prizes you earn, and the more money you will have saved!
Bankers Trust offers a chance to earn more stamps on your prize card by offering Double Stamp Day the 3rd Saturday of each month! Your deposit of $5.00 or more is worth two stamps on this day only.
Junior Savers accounts require a parent or legal guardian to be a joint account holder.
Stop in one of our many branches
to open your Junior Savers account today.
Current Annual Percentage Yield information is also available on the Banker Trust interest rate sheet, or you may call Customer Service at (515) 245-2863.