MyPayCard Terms And Conditions for Employees
ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Indicated below are types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference.
Telephone Banking Transfers – types of transactions. You may access your payroll account by telephone using a touchtone phone and your personal identification number (“PIN”), which you will be prompted to create when you activate your payroll account using your payroll account number and the last four digits of your Social Security number, to:
- get information about:
- the account balance of payroll account
- the last 12 months deposits to and withdrawals from your payroll account
The telephone banking number is 1-866-255-9849.
ATM Transfers – types of transactions. You may access your payroll account by ATM using your MyPayCard and personal identification number (PIN), to:
- get cash withdrawals from your payroll account with your
- get information about the account balance of your payroll account (by selecting checking account inquiry)
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals.
Types of MyPayCard Point-of-Sale Transactions. You may access your payroll account to purchase goods (in person,
online, or by phone), pay for services (in person, online, or by phone), get cash from a merchant, if the merchant permits, or from a participating financial institution, and do anything that a participating merchant will accept.
Overdrafts. We do not routinely authorize overdraft transactions on your payroll account, however, there are circumstances when your payroll account may become overdrawn including, but not limited to, when there is a system failure or the merchant obtains an authorization for an amount less than the actual transaction. You are responsible for the repayment of any deficiencies resulting on the payroll account. The overdraft will be deducted from your next payroll deposit or billed to you if your employment has terminated.
Card Authorizations Differing from Transaction Amount. There are circumstances when a merchant may obtain an authorization in an amount that differs from the actual transaction amount. For example, when you use your MyPayCard at a restaurant, the authorization may include an additional 10% in the event you want to leave a tip on the card. The pending transaction will include this additional 10%, which will therefore lower your available balance. The actual transaction will post for the amount that you have agreed to in writing (on your receipt).
Currency Conversion and International Transactions. When you use your MyPayCard at a merchant that settles in currency other than US dollars, the charge will be converted into the US dollar amount. The currency conversion rate used to determine the transaction amount in US dollars is either a rate selected by Visa® from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which rate may vary from the rate Visa® itself receives, or the government- mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date. The conversion rate in effect on the processing date may differ from the rate in effect on the transaction date or posting date.
Visa® USA charges us a 0.8% International Service Assessment on all international transactions, regardless of whether there is a currency conversion. If there is a currency conversion, the International Service Assessment is 1% of the transaction. In either case, we pass this international transaction fee on to you. An international transaction is a transaction where the country of the merchant is outside the USA. The fee will be displayed as a Periodic Card Fee on your statement with the description “SVC CHG INTRNTL TR.”
Advisory Against Illegal Use. You agree not to use your MyPayCard for illegal gambling or other illegal purpose. Display of a payment card logo by, for example, an online merchant does not necessarily mean that transactions are lawful in all jurisdictions in which the cardholder may be located.
Internet Banking Computer Transfers – types of transactions . You may access your payroll account through the Internet by logging onto our website at www.bankerstrust.com. The first time you access your account online, you will create a User ID and password which you will use for subsequent logins. After creating your login information, you can:
- make payments from your payroll account to third parties (with enrollment in Bill Pay)
- get information about:
- the account balance of your payroll account
- the last 12 months deposits to and withdrawals from your payroll account
- view payroll account statements
- establish email and/or text alerts
ATM Operator/Network Fees. When you use an ATM, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer). This fee is commonly referred to as a surcharge and will be disclosed at the ATM before you complete your transaction. You will receive one ATM transaction per card load at a foreign (non-Bankers Trust) ATM that will not be assessed an ATM Transaction Fee by Bankers Trust (but may still be subject to a surcharge by the ATM operator or network). Following that, an ATM Transaction Fee will be charged for each transaction conducted at a foreign ATM.
Daily Withdrawal Limits. The following limits are per calendar day.
ATM cash withdrawal
Point-of-sale transaction (PIN-based)
Point-of-sale transaction (signature-based)
Card Load Limits. Following are the amounts that may be loaded to the MyPayCard.
Daily maximum load
Monthly maximum load
Maximum allowed on card
If you find you are approaching the maximum MyPayCard load limits, please contact a Bank representative (office locations and telephone numbers can be found at www.bankerstrust.com) to discuss other products and services that may be more suitable for maintaining larger balances.
Additional Services Available. The following services are available to MyPayCard holders. For further information, please visit our website at www.bankerstrust.com and select the location nearest you.
- Consumer messaging alerts: Receive text message alerts to your mobile phone or e-mail alerts when funds are added to your payroll account, when your balance is low, to alert you to when certain transactions post to your payroll account, and more. You can enroll for the service by clicking the Alerts link after creating and logging into your online MyPayCard account. You may receive free text or e-mail alert messages each month, up to the number indicated in the fee schedule. If you exceed the number of free alerts available to you, an E-Mail and Mobile Alert Fee, as disclosed in the fee schedule, is assessed for each additional alert. Depending on the messaging plan you have with your mobile carrier, you may incur that carrier’s standard per text fee to receive text message alerts.
- Mobile balance inquiry: After enrolling in consumer messaging alerts service (see above), you may text BAL to the number 42265 to obtain your payroll account balance at any time. You may complete free mobile balance inquiries each month, up to the number indicated in the fee schedule. If you exceed the number of free balance inquiries available to you, a Mobile Balance Inquiry Fee, as disclosed in the fee schedule, is assessed for each additional inquiry. Depending on the messaging plan you have with your mobile carrier, you may incur that carrier’s standard per text fee for inquiries and text messages back from the service.
- Supported Carriers
Pioneer Cellular US
DTC Wireless US
Sagebrush Cellular USA
Chariton Valley Cellular
Epic Touch USA
CTC Telecom Mosaic USA
USA Duet IP Wireless
Communications Venture USA
Cellular One NE AZ USA
Cell 1 East Cent IL
Nex Tech Wireless
Golden State US
Thumb Cellular US
Viaero Wireless US
West Central WCC
NW Missouri USA
Chat Mobile USA
SRT Wireless USA
SouthernLinc Wireless USA
AIO Wireless aka Jasper
Flat Wireless USA
Copper Valley USA
Leaco Rural Telephone USA
Union Wireless USA
- Supported Carriers
- Online Bill Pay: Pay third parties from your payroll account via our convenient Bill Pay service. You can enroll for the service by clicking the Bill Pay link after creating and logging into your online MyPayCard account. You will be required to read and accept a separate Subscriber Agreement to enroll in the service. Separate Bill Pay fees, as disclosed in the fee schedule, will apply.
Card Contingent on Employment. Your MyPayCard is offered by your employer. If Bankers Trust is notified by your employer that you are no longer an employee, your MyPayCard will be closed within 60 days of the termination of your employment unless you request it be closed earlier. You may continue to use the MyPayCard during this 60-day period. If there are funds remaining on the MyPayCard at closing, you may withdraw them via cash advance or Bankers Trust can issue a cashier’s check for the balance. A cashier’s check fee, as disclosed in the Bankers Trust Service Fee Schedule, will apply.
Terminal transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make a transfer to or from your payroll account using an automated teller machine or point-of-sale terminal. However, you may not get a receipt if the amount of the transfer is $15 or less. Whether you receive a receipt for these small-dollar transfers will depend on the terminal operator.
Obtaining payroll account information. You may obtain information about the amount of money you have remaining in your payroll account by calling our automated line.
The automated line is 1-866-255-9849.
This information, electronic statements, and a 12-month history of account transactions, is also available online at www.bankerstrust.com.
You also have the right to obtain a 60-day written history of account transactions.
You may obtain the written history by writing us at: Bankers Trust; P.O. Box 897; Des Moines, IA 50304.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION’S LIABILITY
Liability for failure to make transfers. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your payroll account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your payroll account to make the transfer.
- If the automated teller machine (ATM) where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
We will disclose information to third parties about your payroll account or the transfers you make:
- where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- in order to verify the existence and condition of your payroll account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- in order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- as explained in the separate Privacy Notice.
Consumer liability. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission.
- If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
- Also, if your account history shows transfers that you did not make tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the earlier of the date you electronically accessed your account (if the error could be viewed in your electronic history) or the date we sent the first written history on which the error appeared, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
- If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICE
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Payroll Card Account, Call or Write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure, as soon as you can, if you think an error has occurred in your payroll card account. We must allow you to report an error until 60 days after the earlier of the date you electronically access your account, if the error could be viewed in your electronic history, or the date we sent the FIRST written history on which the error appeared. You may request a written history of your transactions at any time by calling or writing us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure. You will need to tell us:
- Your name and payroll card account number (if any).
- Why you believe there is an error, and the dollar amount involved.
- Approximately when the error took place.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5 business days for MyPayCard point-of-sale transactions processed by Visa®) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days for MyPayCard point-of-sale transactions processed by Visa®) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
If you need more information about our error-resolution procedures, call us at the telephone number listed in this brochure.
BANKERS TRUST COMPANY
P.O. Box 897 Des Moines, IA 50304
Business Days: Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays)Phone: (515) 245-2863 or 1 (800) 362-1688
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
For general inquiries, you can call our automated line 24 hours/day, seven days/week at 1-866-255-9849.