What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
Bankers Trust, 453 7th Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
- An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link between checking and savings or an open-end line of credit (Checking Reserve, Credit Card or Home Equity Line of Credit), which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks, drafts, ACH entries, and other transactions made using your account number.
- Automatic bill payments, including preauthorized recurring debit card transactions.
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions.
- Everyday debit card transactions (one-time transactions initiated at point-of-sale terminals, online, or by telephone).
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Bankers Trust pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $33 each time we pay an overdraft transaction greater than $10.49. We will charge you a fee of $10 each time we pay an overdraft transaction $10.49 or less.
- The maximum amount of Overdraft fees that may be assessed per day is $132. There is no daily limit on the number of Returned Item fees that may be assessed per day.
What if I want Bankers Trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you may:
1. Stop in at one of our office locations; or
2. Call (515) 245-2863 or 1-800-362-1688 or Easy Access at 1-800-932-3279; or
3. Complete and mail this form to the address at the top of this form; or
4. Visit our Web site at https://www.bankerstrust.com/overdraft-protection-opt-in-opt-out-consent-form/ . No signature necessary.
□ I want Bankers Trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
Printed Name: __________________________________________ Date: _________________
Account Number(s): ______________________________________________________________