At Bankers Trust, we offer a variety of products to help you save and meet your financial needs, including Certificates of Deposit, or CDs. CDs are an investment option where money is put into an account that is not used for a period of time. This allows you to earn interest at a pre-determined rate, which tends to be higher than most checking accounts.
What is a Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) is an account that offers an individual a higher fixed interest rate than standard savings account. The main difference is a CD has a fixed maturity date and restricts access to the funds until the maturity date of the investment. There are several types of CDs, such as CD IRAs and HSA CDs.
View our variety of CDs below or contact Bankers Trust to learn more.
CDs and CD IRAs
- Interest compounded annually
- Interest may be disbursed monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or at maturity by transfer to your Bankers Trust account or electronic transfer (ACH) to your account at another institution
- Automatic renewal option
- To open, $1,000 minimum deposit for CDs and $200 minimum deposit for CD IRAs
- $500 minimum deposit required for savers under age 18
- Bankers Trust Wellness Option allows early withdrawal without penalty* when you have a Bankers Trust primary checking account** and need to redeem CD early due to a medical emergency
- FDIC insured
View CD Interest Rates | Open Online Now | Find a Branch
Health Savings Account (HSA) CDs
Funds held in a Bankers Trust Health Advantage Checking are eligible for deposit into a CD.
- The minimum opening deposit is $1,000
- HSA CD interest must either be added to the CD or paid directly to your Health Advantage Checking
- If you redeem the HSA CD, the money must be transferred back to your Health Advantage Checking
- Early withdrawals of principal made for any reason, including medical expenses, are subject to penalty
Please note: you must open the HSA CD in a branch (online account opening not available)
View CD Interest Rates | Find a Branch
Additional Information* Federal law requires an interest penalty of 7 days’ interest be paid on amounts withdrawn within the first six days of deposit. Wellness option does not apply to Health Savings Account (HSA) CDs
Terms and Conditions
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
**A Primary Checking account is the account into which you routinely deposit the majority of your income or benefits from any source and against which you routinely authorize payment of the majority of your expenses each calendar month.