Secure LifeStyles Club
Are you age 50 or older, and looking for extra benefits from your bank? If you answered yes, then Bankers Trust’s Secure LifeStyles Club is for you!
We created the Secure Lifestyles Club to provide financial benefits and exclusive opportunities to our senior customers. SLC members may receive checking and savings accounts tailored to their place in life, as well as entertainment opportunities organized just for them. Members tell us they also appreciate the educational seminars and workshops designed toward their interests and needs.
What Does it Take to be an SLC Member?
To qualify, members must:
- Be age 50 or older
- Have a primary checking account with Bankers Trust*
- Maintain an average monthly balance of at least $15,000 in any combination of Bankers Trust accounts, including checking, savings, CD and IRA account. A deposit relationship with our trust and investment areas also qualifies.
To become an SLC member, visit any Bankers Trust location today or contact an SLC representative!
- Secure LifeStyles Checking** Account
- Secure LifeStyles Savings** Account
- No annual charge on Check Advantage Visa® debit card
- Penalty-free withdrawals in the event of medical emergencies on CD***
- Reduced annual rent on safety deposit boxes****
- Free cashier’s checks
- Free notary services and Medallion Signature Guarantee Service
- No charge for check imaging
- Seminars, travel opportunities and events
- Quarterly newsletter
- And more!
SLC Seminars and Special Events
Enjoy financial seminars, day trips, special events and additional travel opportunities as part of your SLC membership! Seminars led by Bankers Trust’s experts and experts in the community are educational and informative on a broad range of topics. All our events are scheduled at convenient locations and times to better serve you. Learn more about our upcoming events:
Medicare Basics: Medicare Educational Seminar
May 30, 2019
West Des Moines Public Library, 4000 Mills Civic Pkwy., West Des Moines
Cody Crumes, Certified Senior Advisor, will present on the basics of Medicare. If you are turning 65 or are currently receiving Medicare benefits, we encourage you to attend this seminar. The session will provide you with the following:
- Information on Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans
- An overview on what Medicare does and does not cover
- Upcoming changes in Medicare
- A background on Medicare
- How to protect your savings from out-of-pocket medical expenses
Space is limited to 18 participants. Please register by May 23.
Session I: 10 a.m.
Session II: 6 p.m.
Bird House Decorating
June 19, 2019, 10 a.m.
Bankers Trust North Conference Room
3905 Merle Hay Rd., Des Moines
Do you enjoy watching birds in your yard? Here is your chance to attract more by giving them a new home. Have fun with Kim Birchette from the Bankers Trust South branch. Release your inner artist and come decorate a bird house for your yard. You can make it pink, green or somewhere in between. You can design with circles or squares, or you can bedazzle with flare!
Space is limited to 8 participants. Please register by June 12.
Cost: $20 includes the bird house, paint, art supplies and snacks
Learn to Paint Like a Pro
July 18, 2019, 2-4 p.m.
Art Happy, 208 SE Main St., Grimes
Join Vickie Lilly from the Bankers Trust Grimes branch and paint like a pro at Art Happy in Grimes. Enjoy an afternoon session painting a 16×20 canvas of a sunny afternoon. All supplies are included, including an apron.
Space is limited to 10 participants. Please register by July 10.
Meet a Secure LifeStyles Club Representative
Most Bankers Trust locations have a dedicated SLC representative on staff. Stop by a branch to learn more about the Secure LifeStyles Club, SLC member benefits, or join today!
If you can’t stop by today, contact us via our easy access phone line: (515) 245-5252 or 1-800-932-3297 (toll free).
* Primary checking account means the account in which you routinely deposit the majority of your income or benefits from any source, and against which you routinely authorize payment of the majority of your expenses each calendar month.
** Only one Interest Checking account and one Secure LifeStyles Savings account at the Secure LifeStyles Club pricing per member.
*** Federal law requires a penalty of seven days simple interest be paid on amounts withdrawn within the first six days after a deposit or partial deposit.
****The contents of your safe deposit box are not insured against loss by the Bank or the FDIC.