Secure LifeStyles Club
Are you age 50 or older, and looking for extra benefits from your bank? If you answered yes, then Bankers Trust’s Secure LifeStyles Club is for you!
We created the Secure LifeStyles Club to provide financial benefits and exclusive opportunities to our senior customers. SLC members may receive checking and savings accounts tailored to their place in life, as well as entertainment opportunities organized just for them. Members tell us they also appreciate the educational seminars and workshops designed toward their interests and needs.
What Does it Take to be an SLC Member?
To qualify, members must:
- Be age 50 or older
- Have a primary checking account* with Bankers Trust
- Maintain an average monthly balance of at least $15,000 in any combination of Bankers Trust accounts, including checking, savings, CD and IRA accounts. A deposit relationship with our trust and investment areas also qualifies.
To become an SLC member, visit any Bankers Trust location today or contact an SLC representative!
- Secure LifeStyles Checking** Account
- Secure LifeStyles Savings** Account
- No annual charge on Check Advantage Visa® debit card
- Penalty-free withdrawals in the event of medical emergencies on CD***
- Reduced annual rent on safety deposit boxes****
- Free cashier’s checks
- Free notary services and Medallion Signature Guarantee Service
- No charge for check imaging
- Seminars, travel opportunities and events
- Quarterly newsletter
- And more!
Refer a Friend to Join SLC!
If you enjoy being a Bankers Trust SLC member, your friends may enjoy them too! SLC members are eligible to receive a double referral bonus when you refer a friend to join SLC. Click the button below to learn more.
SLC Seminars and Special Events
Enjoy financial seminars and special events as part of your SLC membership! Seminars led by Bankers Trust’s experts and experts in the community are educational and informative on a broad range of topics. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, our in-person events have been canceled until further notice. Learn more about our upcoming virtual events:
Des Moines Symphony Live from the Temple: Spring Serenade Livestream Concert
March 18, 2021, 7 – 8 p.m.
Enjoy the Des Moines Symphony safely and from the comfort of home for the 2021 Masterworks concert. From the lyrical woodwind and horn melodies of Richard Strauss’s Serenade in E-flat Major, the Des Moines Symphony’s concert heralds the arrival of spring. Other compositions include Charles Gounod’s elegant Petite Symphonie, Wolfgang Mozart’s “little” G Minor Symphony and finally, Frederick Delius’s On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring. The concert will be available to watch livestreamed on March 18 or on demand for 30 days after the premiere. Register by March 2. Only one registration needed per household. You will receive the event link and password via email the day of the event.
Watch Jodi Selby’s Recent Security Webinar
Bankers Trust’s VP, Senior Financial Intelligence Manager Jodi Selby recently presented a town hall discussion on the current security threats facing seniors. If you were unable to attend the virtual event, you can watch the presentation here.
Submit a Recipe for a Chance to be Featured as Recipe of the Month
Do you have a delicious or interesting recipe you would like to see on the SLC webpage? Now is your chance to share your recipe for a chance to be featured as the recipe of the month! Starting in February 2021, we will feature one recipe submitted by an SLC member each month on this webpage. This will enable us all to broaden our food horizons and try something different.
To submit your recipe, follow this link to fill in your contact information and recipe details. If you prefer, you may mail the recipe to Bankers Trust. Please include your name and your phone number to:
SLC Recipe of the Month
3905 Merle Hay Road
Des Moines, IA 50310
Meet a Secure LifeStyles Club Representative
Most Bankers Trust locations have a dedicated SLC representative on staff. Stop by a branch to learn more about the Secure LifeStyles Club, SLC member benefits, or join today!
If you can’t stop by, call Customer Service at 515.245.2863 or toll free at 1.800.362.1688. You can also find any SLC representative to contact by clicking the button below.
*A Primary Checking account is a checking account in which the following requirements are met each 60 days.
1) 25 debit transactions. A “debit transaction” for the purpose of this section means a debit to your checking account from an ACH, Bankers Trust bill payment, drafting checks, or use of your debit card as a method of payment or purchase. A “debit transaction” does not include debits to your checking account that originated from ATM withdrawals, or other debits to your checking account, and,
2) 2 direct or mobile express deposits of at least $200 each. A “deposit” for purposes of this section does not include ATM deposits, deposits made in person, account-to-account transfers, or other deposits to your checking account.
**Only one Interest Checking account and one Secure LifeStyles Savings account at the Secure LifeStyles Club pricing per member.
***Federal law requires a penalty of seven days simple interest be paid on amounts withdrawn within the first six days after a deposit or partial deposit.
****The contents of your safe deposit box are not insured against loss by the bank or the FDIC.