Culture and Community
People turn to Bankers Trust because they trust us. That trust is earned every day, through every interaction between our team members and customers. Whether in person, over the phone or via our website or mobile app, those interactions are driven by our empowered and highly engaged employees.
In 2018, 95 percent of team members participated in the bank’s biennial employee engagement survey, and overall engagement reached the 77th percentile, placing us within the top quartile of results in our peer group. Our culture is built on development, recognition, two-way communication and inclusion. For example:
- We introduced Team Member Banking early in 2018, encouraging employees to bank with Bankers Trust.
- The Bank’s LIVE It! recognition program, introduced in 2017, continued to be a popular way for employees to reward one another for outstanding work. In 2018, 97 percent of all employees participated in the program.
- Increased 401(k) match to retain top talent.
- Committed to continued learning with our internship, management trainee and leadership academy programs.
Some of our most engaged team members are our 18 Bankers Trust Education Center experts. These employees share advice, information and tips designed to help consumers and business owners better understand various financial topics and achieve their goals. In 2018, the Education Center provided more than 50 new articles, videos and infographics to 20,000+ visitors.
Bankers Trust is a great place to work and we’re committed to listening to employee feedback in order to continue making enhancements to our unique and caring corporate culture.
Our commitment to the communities we serve truly sets us apart.
- Raised $620,000 for United Way
- $1 million given to over 200 non-profit partners
- 18,000 total volunteer hours (an average of 30 hours per employee)
- We’ve participated in over 200 community events
- Hosted 13 financial literacy events at our branches
- Over 100 employees serve on a community nonprofit board or committee